This category falls under the vehicle for hire ordinance, (sec. 22-221) of the city code, and also includes jitney, intercity jitneys and limousines.
- All vehicles for hire operated inside city limits must be licensed and insured.
- Business office must be located within the corporate (industrial) city limits to be able to pick up and drop off within the city.
- Fees due and payable at time of application:
- Office - $86.81
- Zoning sign off $10.00 done (internally) to make sure location is zoned for business
- Fire Inspection $50.00 - you will be contacted to schedule an inspection of office
- Code Enforcement $20.00 - you will contact an Officer to schedule an inspection of office
- 1st vehicle $144.70 then each additional vehicle is $57.88
- Decal - $28.67 each vehicle
The following guidelines must be met before a Business Tax will be issued:
- State of Florida Motor Vehicle Registration for each vehicle for hire.
- Proof of current insurance showing expiration date with the following limits: FSS 324.031 with minimum limits of $125,000/250,000/50,000 or $300,000 combined single limits.
- State of Florida Driver’s License for each driver
- Palm Beach County Department of Consumer Affairs Photo ID for each driver
- West Palm Beach Police picture identification card for each driver
Hours of operation for fingerprinting/photo ID/background check are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 12:00PM – 3:00PM.
- Failure to pass inspections will result in license application being voided and NO refunds will be issued.