FOR YOUR INFORMATION!
Illegal dumping is the disposal of garbage in prohibited areas. It is also referred to as open dumping, fly dumping and midnight dumping because materials are often dumped from vehicles and deposited in front of homes, vacant lots, along roadsides and late at night.
The dumping of garbage, household appliances, abandoned automobiles, construction and demolition debris, hazardous materials, and other waste endangers public health.
Illegal dumping is not a victimless crime; it’s a serious environmental crime that impacts the quality of life in your community.
Illegally dumped wastes are materials that are dumped to avoid disposal fees or the time and effort required for proper disposal. These materials include:
- Construction and demolition waste, dry wall, roofing shingles, lumber, bricks, concrete and siding.
- Abandoned automobiles, auto parts and scrap tires.
- Appliances or white goods.
- Yard waste
- Household trash
- Medical Waste
- Do not dig through site or confront illegal dumpers!
When calling to report illegal dumping, do the following:
- Identify location of illegal dumping, including major cross street.
- Describe what is at the dumpsite.
- Try to identify the person or company committing the illegal dumping.
To report illegal dumping, please contact us!
Code Enforcement 561-822-1465
EXAMPLES OF ILLEGAL DUMPING