WE WANT YOU BACK!
From Monday, April 3, 2017 through Sunday, May 14, 2017, bring back overdue library materials to the Customer Service Desk on the first floor and library staff will forgive eligible fines and fees.
Instructions for Patrons:
- Bring any overdue books, DVDs, CDs, or any other library materials to the Library's Customer Service Desk on the first floor (if you place materials in the book drop on Clematis Street, or in the Library's automatic return machine in the lobby, we won't know to remove your fines!).
- You must also bring your current photo ID and proof of current address. Remember, anyone who lives, works, learns, or plays in West Palm Beach is eligible for a free library card!
- Each cardholder, including children, must be present for their account to be eligible for forgiveness and families are encouraged to visit together.
Library Staff will:
- Accept any overdue materials, no matter the condition.
- Forgive eligible fines and fees.
- Renew library cards for two years if account is expired.
- Welcome you back to your favorite downtown library and tell you about all the amazing programs and services (including FREE ebooks and streaming movies) we have available!
The Fine Print:
- Items placed in book drop or automatic return machines will not be eligible for this program.
- Books borrowed from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan are not eligible for fine forgiveness.
- Fines paid previously will not be refunded.
Have questions? Contact us here.
Mayor Muoio signed the pledge on February 14 with the hope of creating a culture of kindness in the City. Since the launch of the #TeamKindnessWPB
movement, residents and local organizations have performed community cleanups, randomly distributed $2 bills to new friends, and donated books and teddy bears to young children.