All registered West Palm Beach voters can vote in this election.
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (March 6, 2018)— Election season is upon us! The City of West Palm Beach will hold a municipal election on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 from 7:00am – 7:00pm for the purpose of electing two commissioners. While City Commissioners represent specific districts within West Palm Beach, they are elected citywide. This allows each citizen of our city to vote not only for their own commissioners but also for the other commissioners who serve the City. All registered West Palm Beach voters can vote in this election. It is the right and privilege of every citizen to participate in the election process.
Please note that polling locations have changed for residents who vote in precincts 7088, 7094, 7096, and 7120.
· For individuals who vote in precincts 7088 and 7094: The voting location has been moved to Salvation Army Corps Activity Hall, 2122 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. Voters will no longer be voting at the Village Baptist Church.
· For individuals who vote in precincts 7096 and 7120: The voting location has been moved to Shiloh Family Worship Center, 2275 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. Voters will no longer be voting at Keiser University.
Below are some of the commonly asked questions and answers about the City’s upcoming election.
WHO IS ON THE BALLOT?
· Commission District 1
Martina Tate Walker
Commission District 5
Christina D’Elosua Lambert
Sharon “Shanon” Materio
· The Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections has posted the West Palm Beach municipal election ballot on its website at: http://www.pbcelections.org/Election.aspx?eid=166 (Click “sample ballots” in the “documents” section on this web page.)
WHERE CAN I VOTE?
· Voters should log on to the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections website and use the precinct locator to find their precinct and polling location: https://www.pbcelections.org/precinctfinder.aspx.
· Your precinct and polling location is also noted on your voter ID card.
· (Voters must notify the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Office at (561) 656-6200 if they move from the address listed on their Voter ID card.)
· Voters who remain unsure of their polling location in their new precinct should call 561-656-6200.
WHAT ARE FLORIDA VOTER ID REQUIREMENTS?
Remember, you must be a registered voter in West Palm Beach to vote in this election. Any one of the following photo IDs will be accepted:
· Florida driver's license.
· Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
· United States passport.
· Debit or credit card.
· Military identification.
· Student identification.
· Retirement center identification.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
The municipal election is being conducted by the City of West Palm Beach City Clerk. For more information, please visit: http://wpb.org/Departments/City-Clerk/Election-Information.