CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH UNVEILS PUBLIC WORKS CUSTOMER SERVICE PORTAL
Online “Request for Service” Forms to Expedite Response, Improve Communications
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (December 28, 2017)-- The City of West Palm Beach Department of Public Works is committed to providing superior customer service to residents and businesses owners. That includes providing customers with even more options to request service and provide feedback. Now, City of West Palm Beach residents and business owners can request many Public Works services online, thanks to a newly unveiled portal located at http://wpb.org/Departments/Public-Works/Public-Works-Forms.
By filling out easy-to-use online tickets, citizens can direct comments or requests for service to the Department of Public Works for further action. Residents can choose from one of several items:
· Disability Service: City of West Palm Beach residents who are physically unable to take their garbage and recycling containers to the curbside are eligible to receive disabled door-to-curb service at no additional charge.
· Illegal Dumping: Illegal dumping is any unauthorized disposal of waste on any public or private property. If you observe someone illegally dumping, please report it!
· New Container Request: The City issues a garbage container to residents who receive collection via automatic lift service trucks. Customers may request a trash container after setting up service with Public Utilities customer service. Sanitation charges are included in the City water bill.
· Report Stolen or Damaged Containers: The City will repair or replace garbage containers that are damaged during garbage collection and those with normal wear and tear. Damaged/lost/stolen containers are the customer’s responsibility to replace.
· Sanitation Work Request: Customers may request one time general trash removal services including large pile special pickup for yard or bulk items, a missed trash pickup, or special pickup due to a code violation.
· Pickup Request: Residential customers may request a special pickup of yard or bulk waste for piles that exceed the guidelines of four pieces or a pile that is larger than 4’x4’x17’. Commercial customers may request a special pickup for items not permitted in a dumpster. Special pickup cost: $100 plus dump fees.
· Street Lighting & Maintenance: Report a pot hole; damaged sidewalk, curb, or paver; missing or damaged street sign; or street light outage.
“These online forms will expedite the Department of Public Works’ response to requests for action by our residents and customers,” said Public Works Director Peter Bieniek. “These forms will help streamline communication with our customers and improve overall efficiency.”
For more information about the City of West Palm Beach Department of Public Works, please visit: http://wpb.org/Departments/Public-Works/Public-Works-Overview.