The Accounting Division is responsible for providing accounting services to all departments and divisions in the City. The division also provides financial information for the use by citizens, legislative and oversight bodies and investors and creditors in confirming accountability and making social and economic decisions.
Primary services include:
- production of monthly revenue and expenditure operating reports;
- development of the annual Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) representing the financial condition of the City and including the City’s audited financial statements.
- posting of all financial data to the City’s general ledger and maintenance of approximately 42 funds and/or account groups;
- maintenance of City’s fixed asset records including periodic inventories and reconciliations;
- processing, payment and recording of all financial obligations of the City;
- coordination of financial requirements for all City departments and offices;
- maintenance of accounting records and production of financial statements for the East Central Regional Wastewater Treatment system; and
- processing and issuance of payroll transactions for all City employees.
FY 2016 Comprehensive Annual Finance Report & Continuing Disclosure
In an effort to ensure that the Comprehensive Annual Report for the year ended September 30, 2016, is accessible to all, an on-line version of the CAFR can be viewed by clicking the following link.
Comprehensive Annual Finance Reports Archive