Vision Zero is a city-wide initiative to create safer streets for people driving, walking or using any form of transportation.
- The goal is to eliminate traffic fatalities and serious injuries by the year 2030
- The project uses "The 3 E's" Engineering, Education and Enforcement to reach its goal
- Vision Zero WPB encourages a broader understanding among businesses and residents of what it takes to prevent tragedies on our roads
Vision Zero West Palm Beach is a collaborative effort between internal and external community stakeholders. Our plan is connecting the resources and expertise of each department to advance our shared goal to reduce the number of fatalities and serious injuries on the streets of West Palm Beach.
Using data we are identifying our greatest opportunities for change and will implement better designs and regulations to make our streets safer. Through the Vision Zero Network we will bring more educational programs to schools and community venues to increase awareness concerning dangerous behavior on our roads.
We are finding new ways to improve street safety, to pin-point problematic locations, and to hammer out site-specific solutions that match realities on the ground. We encourage the residents and businesses of West Palm Beach to talk to neighbors, speak up at community boards and block associations, and help foster a broader understanding that it is within our power to prevent tragedies on our roads. Together, we will make this city safer.
For additional information on Vision Zero and how you can be involved, please contact Tara Applebaum, City of West Palm Beach Vision Zero Coordinator at email@example.com.
Vision Zero Community Safety Fair
A FREE event to help children and adults be safe along our roadways
- Date: 02/01/2020 9:00 AM - 12:59 PM
- Location: Waterfront Green/Open Space
2400 N. Flagler Drive - 7422 S. Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
Come on down to the West Palm Beach Waterfront and have a fun morning of safety tips and demonstrations, brought to you by Vision Zero!
- There will be free bike helmets and fittings (while supplies last)
- Roll-over vehicle demonstrations hosted by the Florida Highway Patrol
- Important Safety Tips for Children and Adults
It is all happening along Flagler Drive/Clematis Stree on the West Palm Beach Waterfront, in partnership with the WPB GreenMarket.