COVID-19 Update #25
State Public Health Advisory Issued for persons 65+ and more news
**A state public health advisory has been issued stating that all persons age 65 and older or with high risk underlying medical conditions are to stay at home and self-quarantine to limit their risk of exposure to COVID-19**
**To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, please remember to practice social distancing in our parks and public spaces. Please remember to avoid groups of 10 or more people and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet. Recreational facilities in our parks are closed to the public. ***
**Those who need to do business with the City of West Palm Beach may do so online. For a list of online City services including bill pay, please visit: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/online-city-services***
Mayor Keith A. James, City of WPB Establish COVID-19 Rental Eviction Protection Program
The City of West Palm Beach Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) department works to connect West Palm Beach residents and businesses to housing, social, and economic opportunities.
Due to the hardships many are facing due to recent impacts of COVID-19, Mayor Keith A. James and the City’s HCD department have established the COVID-19 Rental Eviction Protection Program to be administered by the City’s HCD department.
The COVID-19 Rental Eviction Protection Program was created to assist eligible City of West Palm Beach households with temporary rental assistance to avoid displacement due to a loss of income as a direct result of COVID-19. The assistance is limited to a one-time payment equal to a maximum of 2 months’ rent. Applicants must be able to evidence loss of income due to COVID-19 and have no other available resources. They must not have utilized any other services for the timeframe of payment request.
For additional information, please visit: https://www.wpb.org/government/housing-community-development or call (561) 822-1250.
Residents may also take advantage of the Serving Our Seniors (SOS) program offered through the City’s Vickers House. The program provides financial relief from high-energy costs to prevent service disconnection for seniors 62 and older in crisis. The assistance is limited to a one-time payment not to exceed $600. Applicants must not have any other resources available. For more information, please call the HCD at (561) 804-4970.
“Because of COVID-19, these are challenging times for residents and business owners alike,” said West Palm Beach Mayor Keith A. James. “Now, more than ever, it is important for our citizens to know that we are here for you. The economic effects of COVID-19 are catastrophic. Therefore, we must do what we can to support our citizens, including our most vulnerable, by providing access to resources offered by the City and partner agencies.”
For more information about the City’s Housing & Community Development department, please visit: https://www.wpb.org/government/housing-community-development. Please call (561) 561-822-1250 (TTY 1-800-955-8771) or email HCD_Help@wpb.org.
For a list of resources made available by our partner organizations, please visit: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/assistance.
City Conducts COVID-19 Needs Assessment of West Palm Beach Businesses
The City of West Palm Beach invites West Palm Beach business owners to participate in the City’s COVID-19 Business Needs Assessment Survey. The City has created a survey to offer West Palm Beach businesses an opportunity to share their issues, problems and concerns. The results of the survey will better help the City to understand the needs of the West Palm Beach business community so that the City can help devise an economic development strategy to best help our local businesses and effectively deploy resources. To take the survey, please visit: https://polco.us/surveys/6520512d-3087-415a-af62-89c8c5b558aa or www.polco.us/wpb.
City of West Palm Beach Creates FREE, Designated Parking for Food Pickup
To support West Palm Beach restaurants affected by COVID-19 dining-in closures and to expand access to food for residents, the City of West Palm Beach has established several “pickup zones” in the downtown to facilitate easy pickup of takeout orders from restaurants for customers and delivery drivers. The zones have been designated as FREE 3-minute parking for only carry-out customers and delivery drivers.
The pickup zones are in the following locations:
- Clematis Street Blocks 100 N., 100 S., 200, 300, 400, 500
- Evernia Street 400 Block
- N. Olive 100 Block
- S. Olive 200 Block
- S. Dixie 100 Block
While dining-in areas remain closed due to efforts to limit the spread COVID-19, many restaurants in the City welcome take-out or delivery orders. A directory of restaurants can be found here: https://www.wpb.org/WPB-Eats.
For information about the City of West Palm Beach, please visit: wpb.org or call (561) 822-2222. (TTY-Voice: 800-955-8770, Florida Relay-TTY: 800-955-8771).
The West Palm Beach Fishing Club Open House planned for March 26 and 27 in celebration of our City’s 125th anniversary has been canceled.
For More Information:
- COVID-19 Updates from WPB | Please visit our website: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information
- WPB’S MAYOR’S RESPONSE HOTLINE: Please call, (561) 822-2222.
- Online City Services: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/online-city-services
- Public Assistance: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/assistance
- City Closures: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/city-closures
- COVID-19 & WPB Businesses: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/covid-19-and-local-businesses
- Executive Orders: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/executive-orders
- WPB Eats: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/west-palm-eats
- COVID 19 Testing: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/covid-19-testing-info
- Health/Medical Information: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/covid-19-helpful-links
- City Cancellations/Postponements: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/covid-19-related-cancellations-or-postponements
- CDC Informational Videos: https://www.wpb.org/our-city/mayor-s-office/covid-19-updates-and-information/covid-19-instructional-videos