WPB ROAD & DOCK CLOSURES UPDATE: WEEK OF APRIL 12, 2020
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING ROAD CLOSURES
- Clematis Streetscape Phase III Closures
- 500 block of Clematis St. (through September 2020)
- 7th St. between Sapodilla Ave. and Rosemary Ave. (through August 2020): Road closure for new utilities installation and streetscape. Local traffic only.
- Detour Information:
- East and westbound traffic will be directed to use 6th St. or 8th St.
- North and southbound traffic will be maintained on Sapodilla Ave. and Rosemary Ave.
- ‘O’ St. between Georgia Ave. and Alabama Ave., and Newark St. between Lake Ave. and Georgia Ave., and ‘P’ St. between Georgia Ave. and Alabama Ave. (until further notice): Partial road closures for road construction. Local traffic only.
- Lake Ave. from Southern Blvd. to Belvedere Rd. (through May 2020): Intermittent single-lane closures for resurfacing, curb restoration, ADA ramp upgrades, and new bike lanes. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zones.
PRIVATE ROAD CLOSURES & CONSTRUCTION
PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY
- Pembroke Pl. between South Olive Ave. & South Dixie Hwy. (through June 2020): Full road closure for construction of a new dormitory. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- Evernia St. eastbound between Rosemary Ave. and Quadrille Plaza Dr. (through May 2020): Road closure for office tower construction.
PALM BEACH COUNTY (PBC) ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. and Congress Ave. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures for pavement markings.
- Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. from Executive Center Dr. to Congress Ave., and Congress Ave. from Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. to Embassy Dr. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures for utility work.
- S. Australian Ave. approximately 360 feet south of Belvedere Rd. (until further notice): Periodic partial lane closures of the northbound left-turn lanes for turn lane construction.
- North Haverhill Rd. approximately 1, 100 feet north of 47th Place North (until further notice):
Periodic southbound right lane closures for utility work.
- Northlake Blvd. approximately 1,090 feet east of Beeline Hwy. to approximately 1,100 feet east of Hiatt Dr. (until further notice): Periodic daytime and nighttime westbound lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
- Northlake Blvd. approximately 2,800 feet west of 112th Ter. to approximately 600 feet west of Beeline Hwy. (until further notice): Periodic daytime and nighttime westbound right lane closures, and periodic nighttime right turn lane closures at Beeline Hwy. for gas pipeline installation.
- Roebuck Rd. from Jog Rd. to Haverhill Rd. (until further notice): Periodic lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for road construction.
- Summit Blvd. east of W. Patrick Cir. and Dreher Tr. North (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right lane closures for underground utility work.
- For more information, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works: (561) 684-4000 or http://discover.pbcgov.org/Pages/Roads.aspx
FLORIDA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- Southbound S. Dixie Hwy. between Okeechobee Blvd. and Southern Blvd., and Eastbound Southern Blvd. to South Flagler Dr. (through Friday, April 17, 2020): One of two lanes closed, 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for directional bore installation.
- Eastbound Okeechobee Blvd. between Haverhill Road and Military Tr., and Northbound Military Tr. to Roebuck Rd. (through Friday, April 30, 2020): One of three lanes closed 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for directional bore installation.
- Flagler Dr. between Southern Blvd. and Worth Ct. N. (through summer 2020): will be closed for roadway reconstruction as part of the Southern Blvd. bridge replacement project. Access maintained for local traffic only. Flagler Dr. sidewalks, from Southern Blvd. to Worth Ct. N., and the Southern Blvd. south sidewalk, from Washington Rd. to Flagler Dr., will remain closed through summer 2020.
- Traffic going north of Flagler Dr. should:
- Go west on Worth Ct. N. to Washington Rd.;
- Go north on Washington Rd. to Southern Blvd;
- Go east on Southern Blvd. to Flagler Dr.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Dr. should:
- Go west on Southern Blvd. to Washington Rd.;
- Go South on Washington Rd. to Worth Ct N.;
- Go east on Worth Court N. to Flagler Dr.
- Pedestrians using Flagler Dr. between Southern Blvd. and N. Worth Ct. should:
- Use the east Flagler Dr. sidewalk.
- Pedestrians using Southern Blvd., between Washington Rd. and Flagler Dr. should:
- Use the north Southern Blvd. sidewalk.
- For more information, contact FDOT: (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/.
To contact the City of West Palm Beach, please call (561) 822-1200 (TTY: 800- 955-8771). City of West Palm Beach Road and Dock Closure Updates are issued weekly by the City and may be viewed via the Waze app or online at : https://www.wpb.org/government/communications/road-and-dock-closures