City of WPB Will Soon Provide Assistance to Residents Filing for Reemployment Benefits
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (April 9, 2020) – Beginning Monday, April 13, 2020, the City’s Housing and Community Development (HCD) team will assist West Palm Beach residents in completing the Reemployment Assistance application on an appointment basis only.
Residents who have been adversely affected by COVID-19 are encouraged to apply for this program, formerly known as “unemployment benefits.” If City residents require help from the HCD department during this process, they must provide proof of West Palm Beach residency and valid appointment information. On the day of the scheduled appointment, the following documentation and/or information must be provided:
Name, address and phone number
- Social Security card
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Employment history for the last 18 months (including timeframe with each employer)
- First and last day of work
- Reason for termination of employment
- Gross earnings (before taxes) during the listed dates
- Federal Employer Identification Number, or FEIN (found on W2 or 1099 tax forms)
- If FEIN is unavailable, employer details from a recent paystub may be used
Those who prefer to apply directly with the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity may do so through any of the following methods:
- Online: Access the application at http://www.floridajobs.org/Reemployment-Assistance-Service-Center/reemployment-assistance/claimants/apply-for-benefits
- By phone: A representative is available for one-on-one help by calling 1-800-204-2418.
- By mail: Those who have trouble accessing the online application may download a Florida Reemployment Assistance application at http://floridajobs.org/Reemployment-Assistance-Service-Center/reemployment-assistance/claimants/rapaperapplication. Once completed, mail the document to:
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
P.O. Box 5350
Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350
To schedule an appointment with the City of West Palm Beach, residents can call (561) 822-1274 (TTY: 800-955-8771) and leave a voicemail with their name and contact information. All calls with be returned within 48 hours.
West Palm Beach’s HCD department has implemented various relief programs as a result of COVID-19. For more information on available assistance, please visit https://www.wpb.org/government/housing-community-development or call (561) 822-1274 (TTY: 800-955-8771).