- The Communications Department of the Mayor's Office handles all information channels for the City
- Information about WPB-TV18 (Comcast and streaming)
- Read the Mayor's weekly newsletter
- Watch online meetings and features from WPB-TV18
- Visit the City of West Palm Beach account on Facebook
- Visit the City's account on Twitter
- View the City's account on Instagram
Recent City of West Palm Beach Press Releases
Mayor Keith A. James Signs Two, New Executive Orders
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (May 20, 2020) –West Palm Beach Mayor Keith A. James recently signed two new executive orders:
- Executive Order 2020-12 helps establish a temporary outdoor dining program in support of businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- City of West Palm Beach Code of Ordinances requiring permits and regulating restaurant outdoor seating and public-right-of-way use are temporarily suspended. Restaurants are permitted to expand their business footprint following the process and regulations outlined in the Temporary Outdoor Dining Program Guidelines contained in the order. All applicants wishing to provide outdoor seating on private property or public right-of-way shall apply, as provided in the Guidelines. The permit fees associated with expanding the footprint are waived until the Governor expands Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step Plan for Florida’s Recovery to allow restaurants to operate at 75% capacity or more. To read the order, please visit: https://www.wpb.org/home/showdocument?id=1163
- Executive Order 2020-13 addresses City of West Palm Beach park closures.
- City Parks and Park Facilities: City of West Palm Beach parks, including dog parks, are open for passive activities. All other park facilities including, but not limited to, aquatic centers, community centers, basketball courts, multipurpose sports fields, and playgrounds, remain closed.
- Tennis & Racquetball: The City of West Palm Beach racquet ball courts are open. Tennis courts are also open for doubles play. Individual tennis instruction may be conducted provided on a one-to-one basis. All racquetball and tennis participants are required to follow CDC guidelines and social distancing requirements.
- Boat Ramps, Fishing and Docks: The City of West Palm Beach boat ramps are open, and its docks are open for day docking and for fishing provided social distancing guidelines are followed.
- To read the order, please visit: https://www.wpb.org/home/showdocument?id=1165
To read recent executive orders issued by the City of West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, and the State of Florida, please visit the City of West Palm Beach COVID-19 resource page at wpb.org/covid-19
For information about the City of West Palm Beach, please visit: https://www.wpb.org/. To contact City Hall, please dial: (561) 822-1200 (TTY 800-955-8771).