- The Communications Department of the Mayor's Office handles all information channels for the City
- Information about WPB-TV18 (Comcast and streaming)
- Read the Mayor's weekly newsletter
- Watch online meetings and features from WPB-TV18
- Visit the City of West Palm Beach account on Facebook
- Visit the City's account on Twitter
- View the City's account on Instagram
Recent City of West Palm Beach Press Releases
City of WPB Approves Additional Recipients for COVID-19 Recovery and Assistance Program
Program provides short-term financial relief for local businesses
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (May 21, 2020) – The City of West Palm Beach’s COVID-19 Recovery and Assistance Program was created to help local businesses that have been negatively affected by the ongoing pandemic. Through contributions from the City, the City’s Community Redevelopment Agency, the Downtown Development Authority and the Knight Foundation, the program received $519,000 in funding. To date, more than 30 applicants have been approved to receive a combined total of nearly $265,000. The loans range in amounts from $5,000 to $10,000 and are to be used for payroll, rent costs, inventory needs, and more.
Businesses that have been approved include:
- Agora Mediterranean Restaurant
- Anzo West Palm Beach
- Audio Video Systems, Inc.
- Cityside Suites Business Café
- Cousins Law, APA
- Cuttin’ Up, Inc.
- Day by Day Shoppe
- DJ’s Backyard Smokin & Grill LLC
- Finer Optics
- FIT West Palm Beach LLC
- Fleur de Paris Skin Care
- Hawthorne, Inc.
- Heath & Company Lighting
- Inches and Ounces
- LB Limited & Associates, Inc.
- PB Marketing Group LLC
- Printing & Branding Solutions
- Telegance HCS, Inc.
- The Box Gallery
- Truffies of West Palm Beach
- Upscale Events by Mosaic, LLC
- Wardall Antiques
- Zeidel LLC
- Zen Sweat Den
The Recovery and Assistance Program is a collaboration between the City, Downtown Development Authority, Community Redevelopment Agency, Urban League of Palm Beach County and Valley National Bank. The program also includes technical assistance from the Small Business Development Center at Florida Atlantic University. Free consulting services are available to help candidates with the loan application process and other business planning needs.
To apply, businesses must meet the specified eligibility requirements. The applicant must be located within the City’s municipal boundaries. The business must generate less than $1,000,000 in gross annual revenues and have less than $150,000 in cash on hand. Additional eligibility requirements and the application are available at www.wpb.org/covid-19 in the Business Resource Center section of the webpage.
For more information, please call the City’s Department of Economic Development at (561) 822-1200 (TTY: 800-955-8771).