Local Food Assistance Options for West Palm Beach Residents
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (May 22, 2020) – The City of West Palm Beach reminds residents of the many food assistance programs available throughout their community. Please remember to follow social distancing guidelines when attending these events.
- Palm Beach County Youth Services’ Summer Food Service Program, in partnership with the Palm Beach County Library System (Highridge Family Center: 4200 N Australian Ave., West Palm Beach)
- Mondays, 10:00 a.m. – 1 p.m. [Program will be closed on May 25, 2020 in observance of Memorial Day. Services will resume on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.]
- Feeding South Florida is hosting the following events:
- Food Distribution at Palm Beach Outlets (1751 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.)
- Mondays, 8:00 a.m. -10 a.m. (Note: New time)
- Grocery Pick-Up (3950 Georgia Ave.)
- Fridays, 3pm-7pm (Note: Friday, 5/22 will be the final installment for this service.) To stay up to date with schedule distribution events through Feeding South Florida, visit https://feedingsouthflorida.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Distribution-Dates.pdf.
- Hospitality Helping Hands provides warm meals to families who arrive by car, and to homebound, low-income seniors. Note: Services will no longer be offered after 5/22. The organization has two pickup points within the City:
- Howley’s Restaurant:
- 4700 S Dixie Highway
- Daily, 1pm-6pm
- 517 Clematis Street
- Daily, 1pm-6pm
- Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches, a non-profit organization that delivers meals to homebound seniors, is offering a short-term emergency food delivery option. This service, available for homebound seniors 70 years or older, provides frozen dinners every Tuesday. For more information, please call Debbie Emerick at (561) 802-6979.
- Palm Beach County School District is providing two days’ worth of ‘grab and go meals’ on a daily basis for students 18 years and younger (22 years and younger in the case of ESE students) regardless of financial need.
- These events are held every day from 11am-1pm at various sites throughout the County.
- To find the location nearest you, please visit https://summerbreakspot.freshfromflorida.com/
- St. Ann Catholic Church (310 N Olive Ave.) invites West Palm Beach residents to its food pantry.
- Every Thursday and Friday between 12:30pm – 2pm.
- For more information, call (561) 832-3757
- The Lord’s Place (2808 N Australian Ave.) is offering ‘grab and go meals’.
- Monday through Friday from 10:30am-1pm.
- True Fast Outreach Ministries (638 6th St.) is also providing meal and grocery pickup on the following schedule:
- Thursdays, 1pm-3pm (registration required, call 561-594-5689 between 9am – 11am)
- Saturdays, hot meal distribution starting at 12pm
Food Stamps Application Assistance
The City’s Housing and Community Development department will help residents with their Food Stamps application. Required documentation includes:
- Proof of identification and West Palm Beach residence
- Proof of immigration status (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Income verification
- Unemployment information
- Dependent/childcare information
To schedule an appointment, residents can call (561) 822-1274 (TTY: 800-955-8771) and leave a voicemail with their name and contact information. Calls with be returned within 48 hours.