- The Communications Department of the Mayor's Office handles all information channels for the City
- Information about WPB-TV18 (Comcast and streaming)
- Read the Mayor's weekly newsletter
- Watch online meetings and features from WPB-TV18
- Visit the City of West Palm Beach account on Facebook
- Visit the City's account on Twitter
- View the City's account on Instagram
Recent City of West Palm Beach Press Releases
West Palm Beach Residents Encouraged to Apply for CARES Mortgage Assistance Program
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (June 25, 2020) – The CARES Mortgage Assistance Program offered by Palm Beach County’s Department of Housing and Economic Sustainability is open for West Palm Beach homeowners who have been negatively affected by COVID-19. $20,000,000 in CARES Act funds are available as a grant to cover up to four months’ mortgage payments, not to exceed $10,000. Funding may also be used as temporary relief to help eligible households who have not fulfilled their first mortgage and escrow payments, as well as other fees and costs.
Program requirements include but are not limited to:
- Proof of loss of income or reduction in hours as a result of COVID-19 impacts
- Valid driver license or state-issued ID
- Recent pay stub or a current, completed verification of employment
- Most recent mortgage payment statement proving applicant’s non-payment Note: Mortgage payments must have been current as of February 29, 2020. Individuals with a forbearance and/or mortgage modification plan in place will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Applications will be available from Monday, June 29, 2020 – Friday, August 14, 2020 and will be processed on a first come, first serve basis subject to funding availability. Applicants must fill out the online application at http://discover.pbcgov.com/hes/. Program information is available in English, Spanish and Creole at http://discover.pbcgov.org/hes/Pages/default.aspx. For more information, please contact the County’s Department of Housing and Economic Sustainability at (561) 233-3606.
The City of West Palm Beach’s Housing and Community Development Department has also established various programs and resources for residents facing economic hardships due to COVID-19 impacts. To learn more, please visit https://www.wpb.org/government/housing-community-development or call (561) 822-1250 (TTY: 800-955-8771).