Open for Business Workshop Scheduled for April 30, 2020
WEST PALM BEACH, FL (February 21, 2020) – In keeping with Mayor Keith A. James vision of creating a community of opportunity for all in West Palm Beach, the City of West Palm Beach Office of Equal Opportunity has partnered with The Answer Management Services and JJ Enterprises to host Open for Business, a workshop for small business owners looking to open a commercial space. The workshop will be held, Thursday April 30, 2020 at Gaines Park in West Palm Beach from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Light bites and refreshments will be served. Register for the event here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/open-for-business-a-workshop-for-small-business-owners-looking-to-open-a-commercial-space-tickets-94292867505
During this workshop, business owners will hear from a panel of industry experts on how to open a physical location, look for a space, build a team. Experts will also inform of resources that are open to business owners, legal pitfalls to avoid, and common mistakes made by tenants. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with City of West Palm Beach Department of Procurement officials and learn how to successfully navigate this office and resources that are available.
We welcome all business owners looking to learn more about what it takes to open a space, keeping their space open and doing business with the City of West Palm Beach to attend this information-packed session. Join us for a unique opportunity to network with the representatives from the City’s procurement department, industry experts and other business owners. You will be able to exchange valuable information and meet key resources in the community that can help you to unlock the doors for your business.
Open for Business Speakers:
- Frank Hayden: Director Office of Equal Opportunity, City of West Palm Beach
- Genia Baker: CRA Project Manager, City of West Palm Beach
- Commercial Real Estate Agent: Juna Jean from Juna Jean Enterprises & Stateland Brown Realty
- Project Manager: Roseline Joseph from The Answer Management Services
- Accountant: LiTonya Salmon from LSS Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Real Estate Attorney: Carla Erskine, Esq. from McDonald Hopkins LLC Law Firm
- Compliance Specialist: Dudly Etienne-Harvard from Dudly’s Professional Services
- Landlord: Daniel Statlander, Stateland Brown Holdings
- Lisa King, Verdex Construction
- Braid Laing, Whiting-Turner Construction
- Jackie Cooper & Veronica Cooper, Cooper Construction Management & Consulting
For information about the City of West Palm Beach, the Office of Equal Opportunity, and the Department of Procurement, please visit: https://www.wpb.org/.