Vallette Wy. - Wildermere Rd. Project Improves City Roads, Sidewalks Project includes Tuxedo Lane, Cocoanut Lane Improvements
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (September 4, 2019) –
The City of West Palm Beach has completed road, sidewalk, and crosswalk upgrades within a neighborhood between S. Dixie Hwy. and S. Olive Ave. and Vallette Way and Tuxedo Ln.. The nearly $100,000 project is in City Commission District 3 and reflects the City’s mission to improve and maintain existing infrastructure to ensure functionality and accessibility.
The improvements include:
- New pavement on Vallette Wy., Wildermere Rd., Tuxedo Ln., and Cocoanut Ln.;
- Road striping;
- Sidewalk repair;
- Installation of new American Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant crosswalks;
- Minor concrete work and guardrail installation.
The Vallette Wy. -Wildermere Rd. Project is one of many road improvement projects completed, under construction, or in planning in the City. Other road improvement projects recently completed or in planning include:
- Lake Ave., and Conniston Rd. – Parking improvements;
- Parker Ave., Park Pl., Palm St., and N St. – Traffic calming and ADA upgrades;
- Washington Rd., and Monceaux Rd. -- Traffic calming;
- S. Olive Ave., and Omar Rd. – Drainage, milling and resurfacing;
- 27th St. from Tamarind Ave. to Rosemary – Sidewalks and ADA upgrades;
- 36th St. – Streetscape;
- Elizabeth Ave. -- Resurfacing;
- 15th St.—Bicycle lanes, sidewalks, streetscape
- Grandview Heights -- Road resurfacing
- Fern St-- Streetscape
- Broadway Ave. Improvements -- Traffic calming.
The Fiscal Year 2019 City of West Palm Beach Capital Improvement Project (CIP) program includes $10.1 million in Gas Tax revenues, providing funding for road projects.
For more information on CWPB road improvement projects, please visit: http://gis.wpb.org/cipstorymap/
and click “Transportation”.
To contact City Hall, please call (561) 822-1411. To contact City of West Palm Beach Engineering Services Division, please call (561) 822-1418. For TTY, visit (800_ 855-8771. To visit the City of West Palm Beach online, please visit: www.wpb.org