Yard Waste Amnesty Days allow residential customers to place large amounts of vegetation waste for weekly pickup at no charge.
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (March 20, 2019) --
In preparation for the 2019 hurricane season, the City of West Palm Beach is pleased to announce that this year’s Yard Waste Amnesty Days will start April 22, 2019 and continue through May 31, 2019. Yard Waste Amnesty Days allow residential customers to place large or unlimited amounts of vegetation waste out for weekly pickup at no charge.
The effort occurs annually during a set period of time to encourage residents to prepare for hurricane season.
The waste is placed at curbside in front of their residence, and there is no size restriction on the pile. The pickup occurs on their regularly scheduled yard waste day. Normally, a yard waste pickup exceeding 10-cubic yards would result in an additional service charge to the resident, but during Yard Waste Amnesty Days the fee is waived. The result is a comprehensive citywide cleanup effort of yard debris prior to hurricane season.
To take advantage of Yard Waste Amnesty Days, please follow the City’s regular yard/bulk rules (with the exception of size):
- Place your yard waste at curbside no earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the night before your regular yard waste pickup day.
- Make sure that your yard waste is contained in only one pile in front of your house.
- Place grass cuttings, small trimmings and leaves in plastic bags.
- Cut tree limbs and branches into lengths no longer than four ft.
- Cut tree trunks and stumps into sections no longer than four ft. and no larger than 12 in. in diameter.
- Do not mix yard waste with any other type of debris.
As always, remember to practice gardening safety and injury prevention!
Of note, Yard Waste Amnesty Days do not apply to commercial properties or landscape contractors.
For more information, please contact the Department of Public Works Sanitation Division at (561) 822-2075.