- Season your hamburger. Use your favorite seasoning or keep it simple with salt and pepper.
- Your hamburger patties should be no more than a half inch thick.
- Press down on the center of the patty with your thumb to make a little indention. This allows the burger cook more evenly.
- Grill each side for about 4 minutes until the meat is no longer pink. You want it to still be juicy, not overcooked.
- Toast your hamburger buns. Butter the bun and toast on the grill for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Using tongs to place the hot dogs across the grill.
- Roll the hot dogs to assure you get nice grill marks all around, instead of trying to flip them.
- Once the hot dogs begin to expand, they are done. If you like more of a char, leave them for a little longer.
- Toast your hot dog buns. Butter the bun and toast on the grill for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Trim loose pieces of the husk and cut off the ends of each ear of corn.
- Place in a large bowl (or in in the kitchen sink with the stopper closed) and submerge in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Place the corn directly on the grill and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip the corn over and cook for another 10 minutes. The corn husk may start to look a little charred.
- Remove corn from grill and let cool for a minute or two.
- Peel off the husk of the corn over a trash can.
- Cover your corn on the cob with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
• 1 28 oz can baked beans
• 6 slices cooked bacon chopped in 1/4 inch pieces
• 1/2 red onion diced
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup yellow mustard
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 tbsp molasses
• 2 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a casserole dish, cast iron pan, or an oven safe dish, add all the ingredients and stir until well.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring halfway through.
• 2 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
• 1/3 cup diced celery
• 1/4 cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, drained
• 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
• 1/2 cup diced vine-ripened tomato (optional)
• 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
• 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 3 tablespoons sour cream
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, celery, onion, parsley and tomato, if using.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• 2 pounds russet potatoes
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt, for cooking potatoes
• 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
• 1/2 cup celery, 1/8-inch dice
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
• 2 tablespoons red onions, 1/8-inch dice
• 2 tablespoons minced parsley
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard, or yellow mustard
• 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 2 hard boiled eggs, diced into 1/4"cubes
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 3/4-inch cubes. Place them in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Boil over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt, reduce heat to medium, and simmer. Stir occasionally, until potatoes are fork tender. Should take about 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer back to the pot.
- Add vinegar and use a rubber spatula to toss gently to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes, the potatoes will still be warm.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together potatoes, celery, mayonnaise, relish, onion, parsley, mustard, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, onion powder and chopped eggs. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with more parsley, celery, and onion if desired.
• 1 (1 lb.) box macaroni or small or medium shell pasta
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 3 tablespoons flour of choice
• 2 cups whole, 2% or skim milk
• 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add a small handful of salt and the pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, according to the package directions until the pasta is al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Slowly add in 2 cups milk, whisking constantly, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Let the cheese sauce cook for 2-3 minutes to warm through.
- Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and stir until combined.
- Turn off the heat and let the mac and cheese sit for 5 minutes (this helps it thicken up.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings and serve hot.
- Bake your mac and cheese and put breadcrumbs on top.
- Add toppings like extra cheese, bacon, chicken, green onions, or any other of your favorite toppings.
• Box cake mix of your choice and needed ingredients
• Container of whipped topping, such as cool whip
• Blue Berries
• 9” x 13” pan
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box and bake in a 9” x 13” pan. Once done, allow to cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, slice strawberries in half or into slices.
- Frost cake with whipped topping.
- Place blueberries in a square at the top left corner.
- Arrange strawberries as stripes to create an American Flag.
- Chill until ready to serve.
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp. baking soda
• 1 1/2 cups Patriotic M&M's (divided)
• sprinkles (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees and foil and grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the flour, mixing in three additions and mix in the salt and baking soda in between the flour additions, mixing until all is incorporated. Using a large wooden spoon, mix in 1 cup of the M&M's.
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan and press the remaining half cup of M&M's onto the top of the batter. Sprinkle sprinkles on top. (optional).
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing into 24 bars.
• 1½ cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
• 1 cup Sugar
• 5 cups Water
- Freshly squeeze the lemons until you get 1½ cups.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to pitcher.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add water and stir until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Once cold, it is ready to serve!
Red and Blue Berry Ice Cubes
Materials and Ingredients
• 1 package of Red Berries of your choice (Strawberries or Raspberries)
• 1 package of Blueberries
• Ice Cube Tray
- Fill the ice cube tray with your berries. Either alternate colors (red, blue, red, blue) or mix the two types of berries together.
- Add water to the ice cube try.
- Freeze the ice cube tray for at least 2 hours.
- Add to your favorite drink, like water, lemonade or Sprite, and enjoy!