The CRA’s Emergency Small Business Relief Program
The CRA’s Emergency Small Business Relief Program is now available, while funding lasts for businesses located within the Downtown City Center and Northwood/Pleasant City CRA Districts. This grant is a one-time financial assistance grant, not exceeding $2,500, to be used for mortgage/rent and/or utility payments or payroll to continue limited operations during this time of unprecedented crisis and National Emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The CRA will begin accepting applications on Tuesday May 5th at 9AM. Grants will be awarded on a “first complete & eligible application received = first granted” basis while funding remains available. Since this application is first come, first awarded and we want all small businesses to have the same opportunity, any applications submitted before the aforementioned date and time will not be considered. Incomplete applications and missing supporting documentation will be rejected and sent back to the business owner for completion and re-submittal.
In addition to a complete filled out application, the documents listed below must also be attached:
- Proof of applying for one of the listed federal, state or local programs: U.S. SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), Paycheck Protection Program and/or Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan (EG. Email receipt from provider, application number, etc.)
- Proof of applying for the City’s COVID-19 Recovery and Assistance Program
- Copy of completed W-9
- Copy of valid Business Tax Receipt with City of West Palm Beach
- Invoice for requested grant amount, not exceeding $2,500; see image below for a sample invoice (editable word document available upon request).
- Application to Receive Electronic Payments if desired.
- If requesting grant for payment toward Rent: Proof of payment of last two (2) months of Rent or Mortgage payments (cancelled checks, bank statement draft, etc…)
- If requesting grant for payment toward Utility Bills: Proof of last two (2) months payment of utility bills (FPL & City of WPB Water/Trash)
- If requesting grant for payment towards Payroll: Proof of payment of last two (2) months Payroll
Click here for the application for businesses located within the Downtown/City Center CRA District.
Click here for the application for businesses located within the Northwood/Pleasant City CRA District.
Please submit your application and all required supporting documents electronically via email to Cra@wpb.org beginning on Tuesday May 5th at 9AM.