The Staff Appreciation and Recognition (STAR) Program has been developed to recognize and reward the diligent efforts of employees who provide outstanding quality services to our city. Employees who receive STAR awards have demonstrated exemplary behaviors and skills.
STAR employees are customer friendly, go out of their way to help, and participate in a team effort to make our city better.
By working together we can make the STAR program an integral part of our city’s day-to-day operations. Please join us in recognizing those employees that are STARs.
“A Shining Star above the rest, who went above and did their best”
The Shining Star Award provides instant recognition and immediate feedback for a job well done.
- Who can be recognized? Either individuals or groups
- Who is eligible? All City employees
- Frequency of Award: As appropriate
- Nominated by: Citizens
- Award Criteria: Extra effort and providing excellent customer service
- Approval: No approval required
- Award: Shining STAR certificate
- Presenter of Award: Person making commendation
- Location of Presentation: Workplace