Welcome to the Internal Auditor's Office.
The Office of the Internal Auditor is focused on more effective and efficient city operations, as well as compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
The Office of the Internal Auditor spends most of its time completing performance audits. Further, the Office assists elected officials and staff in numerous areas such as advising on policies and procedures, analyzing information and issues, and reviewing contracts, audit reports, and other documents.
The Internal Auditor is appointed by the City Commission. Audit results and activities are reported to an Audit Committee consisting of the President of the City Commission (Chair), the Mayor or the Mayor's designee, and three City residents with professional expertise.
Work is generally scheduled a year in advance by means of a risk based Audit Plan. The mission of the Office is to contribute to the City’s successful achievement of its mission, vision, goals, and objectives by promoting efficiency, effectiveness, economy and integrity. The Office's vision is to be a highly respected service organization and a catalyst for positive change.
- Perform audits and provide services to help the City achieve the highest level of effectiveness and efficiency with uncompromised integrity.
- Promote compliance with laws,rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, and agreements through reviews and analyses of the City’s services and activities.
- Promote adequate systems of internal control.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maximize value received from City resources.
- Provide customer valued audit and consulting services.
- Meet government auditing standards.
Suspected Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
The Internal Auditor’s Office has an anonymous hotline for individuals to report suspected fraud, waste, or abuse related to operations controlled or administered by the City. Anonymous complaints can be submitted online at: https://www.reportlineweb.com/wpbhotline.com or by phone at: 1-855-260-0910.
Thank you for visiting the Internal Auditor's Office page. Should you require any assistance, my contact information is listed below.
Sincerely,Beverly Mahaso, Esq., CIA, CFE
Chief Internal Auditor
If you would like information on the City’s response to COVID-19, including resources available to you as an individual or your business, please follow this link: