Parking Ticket Appeal
PLEA OF NOT GUILTY AND REQUEST FOR HEARING
- To request an appeal hearing for a traffic citation issued by the City of West Palm Beach, you must do so within fourteen (14) calendar days.
- Print clearly and complete in its entirety the Plea of Not Guilty and Request for Hearing Form. You may request a form by calling (561) 822-1500 or visit the Parking Division administrative office at 500 Banyan Blvd., West Palm Beach.
- Signed and completed Form must be received by the City of West Palm Beach Division of Parking Administration within fourteen (14) calendar days of the ticket Issue Date.
- Failure to return the completed form (with all required information and attachments) to this office within the specified time limit will result in your appeal being denied.
- If you have any questions regarding the appeals process, or how to complete the form immediately contact the City of West Palm Beach Division of Parking Administration by calling (561) 822-1500 or visit the Parking Division administrative office at 500 Banyan Blvd., West Palm Beach.
- Your request will be returned unprocessed if incomplete or missing information.
- In order to process you Request for Hearing, we require the following documents:
- A copy of the Citation you are appealing.
- A copy of your driver’s license.
- Any documentation that supports your citation was issued in error.
- If all the criteria have been met, your appeal will be forwarded to the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts Parking Violations Division. Once the citation has been forwarded to Palm Beach County Clerk of the Court, the citation will be processed by the Clerk of the Court.
- Once your request for appeal has been transmitted to the Clerk of Courts, all further concerns, payments, inquiries and communications regarding this citation, or a scheduled
hearing must be addressed to: Sharon R. Bock, Clerk & Comptroller, Parking Violations DivisionRoom 2.2300, P.O. Box 3544, West Palm Beach, Florida 33402-3544.
- The Palm Beach County Clerk of the Court will notify you of the date and time of the hearing.
- Do not pay your fine at this time if you are appealing it (you will be required to pay the court later if the citation is upheld).
- You waive the right to pay the current amount of the civil fee (parking fine) to the City of West Palm Beach when the citation is forwarded to the Clerk of Circuit Court.
- If the citation is upheld, it may be subject to additional fees and costs.
- Only those appeals filed correctly, and written within the time allowed will be processed.
Postal delays or electronic equipment failures will not be considered a valid excuse for an untimely appeal request