The West Palm Beach Police Department welcomes citizens who would like to join their Ride A-Long Program. Of course, as with any similar program, there are necessary regulations as shown below:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age.
- A minimum of 3 days advance notice is required to allow application processing and scheduling prior to the requested ride-along date.
- Participation is limited to four (4) hour sessions between the hours of 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.. Sessions are allowed seven days a week.
- Participation is limited to one ride-along in a sixty day period.
- The applicant is required to sign the liability releaseand convenant agreementon the date of reporting to ride.
- Applicant must provide photo identification (i.e., drivers license or other acceptable photo I.D.) Only a maximum of four citizen participants can be permitted to ride during a given four hour session.
- Dress/attire can be casual; dress should be conservative and reflect good taste.
You must apply in person at the West Palm Beach Police Department; all three forms must be completed.
Please Note: A background check is necessary before you can participate.