Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics
Any person employed by the City of West Palm Beach who purchases goods and services, or is involved in the purchasing process for the City, shall be bound by this code and shall:
- Seek or accept a position as head or employee only when fully in accord with the professional principles applicable thereto, and when confident of possessing the qualifications to serve under those principles to the advantage of the employing organization.
- Believe in the dignity and worth of the services rendered by the organization and the societal responsibilities assumed as a trusted public servant.
- Be governed by the highest ideals of honor and integrity in all public and personal relationships in order to merit the respect and inspire the confidence of the organization and the public being served.
- Believe that personal aggrandizement or personal profit obtained through misuse of public or personal relationships is dishonest and not tolerable.
- Identify and eliminate participation of any individual in operational situations where a conflict of interest may be involved.
- Believe that members of the Institute and its staff should at no time or under any circumstances accept directly or indirectly, gifts, gratuities, or other things of value from suppliers which might influence or appear to influence purchasing decisions.
- Keep the governmental organization informed, through appropriate channels, on problems and progress of applicable operations by emphasizing the importance of the facts.
- Resist encroachment on control of personnel in order to preserve integrity as a professional manager. Handle all personnel matters on a merit basis. Politics, religion, ethnicity, gender and age carry no weight in personnel administration in the agency being directed or served.
- Seek or dispense no personal favors. Handle each administrative problem objectively and emphatically without discrimination.
- Subscribe to and support the professional aims and objectives of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc.
Department Phone: 561-822-2100
|Patricia Armstrong, Senior Purchasing Agentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Barbara Callwood, Contract Specialistemail@example.com|
|Aisha Darrough, SBE Compliance Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Josephine Grosch, Senior Purchasing Agentemail@example.com|
|Maureen Hansraj, Buyerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Monica Keel, Contract Specialistemail@example.com|
|Tiffany McCray, Buyerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Charisse Mayfield, Contract Specialistemail@example.com|
|Nathaniel Rubel, Procurement Supervisorfirstname.lastname@example.org|