Bring your students on an Everglades adventure!
Grassy Waters Preserve is happy to provide FREE hands-on environmental field trips to local schools. Our school district approved programs meet the needs of students in grades K-12, and we can facilitate specialized excursions for college level courses as well.
The mission of our field trip program is to provide hands-on learning experiences which nurture students' natural curiosity, create a personal connection between students and their environment, and foster a sense of environmental stewardship. Each program meets state standards while providing students with a memorable outdoor experience.
Field Trip at a Glance
- Maximum 45 students per day
- Field trips are 3-hours in duration, 10am-1pm, including time for a 30min picnic lunch.
- Field trips take place entirely outdoors in a natural environment, and can be affected by weather conditions.
- Students, teachers, and chaperones are guaranteed to get wet and muddy!
- Your class will participate in TWO activities of your choice.
- Groups of over 25 students will be broken into two equal classes.
- All participants should wear outdoor-appropriate clothing, closed-toe water shoes or old sneakers, bug spray, sunscreen, a hat, and bring a water bottle.