RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE COLLECTION
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR GARBAGE CAN
Your City of West Palm beach brown garbage can is for disposing of regular household garbage. Before you discard household garbage, make sure it is in a bag and tied securely. TIP: Reuse plastic shopping bags as garbage bags and use the handles as ties. Pet owners: seal animal waste and cat litter in bags. Never overload your garbage can. The lid should be closed. Do not use your cart for dead animals, yard trash, recycling, hot ashes or flammable liquids. Please see our section “A-Z on Waste Disposal & Recycling” for more information on proper disposal practices.
WHERE TO PLACE YOUR GARBAGE CAN
You can place your can curbside the night before collection day but no earlier than 6 P.M.
Garbage cans should be placed at the curb or the edge of the street with the front facing the street, so the garbage truck arm can reach the can. The collector will return your cart to the same place. Place your can at least four feet away from recycling bins, yard trash, poles, mailboxes and any other obstacles.
GARBAGE CAN CARE
Don’t miss your garbage collection day.
Clean out your garbage can on your collection day. Use a garden hose to rinse out your cart and allow it to completely dry. This will help keep your garbage can from smelling.
Periodically wash out your can with regular soap and water. Use bleach as needed.
Sprinkle baking soda, cat litter, or place dryer sheets inside the can to help reduce odors.
You can request additional can for an additional fee. Please submit a service request or call Customer Service.
TO REQUEST A NEW OR REPLACEMENT GARBAGE CAN
If you need to order a new or replacement garbage can, please fill out a service request or call Customer Service, (561) 822-2075. We will make every attempt to repair the garbage can; if it cannot be repaired, it will be replaced at no cost to the customer.
WHEN MOVING TO A NEW ADDRESS
Leave the garbage can and recycling bins at your old address if you change addresses. Place them behind the home and not visible from the street. Each can is assigned to one specific address and has a serial number. If you move to a new address and there is no can, please call Customer Service to request a new can at the new address or submit a service request
RESIDENTIAL CAN SCHEDULE
MONDAY & THURSDAY
North of Okeechobee Blvd, including Foxhall, Jonathan’s Cove, Spencer Lakes, and Lakes of Laguna.
TUESDAY & FRIDAY
South of Okeechobee Blvd.
WEDNESDAY & SATURDAY
Andros Isle, Baywinds, Briar Bay, Hamilton Bay, Oakton Preserve, Iron Horse, Ibis, and River Walk.
YARD WASTE & BULK PICK UP
25th St to 59th St from the Intracoastal Waterway, west to Northshore Drive
Okeechobee Blvd to Southern Blvd including: Barcelona Rd to Pershing Way
West of Olive Ave to I-95
Andros Isle, Briar Bay, Hamilton Bay, Oakton Preserve, Riverwalk
East of Olive Ave: Belmont Ave to Arlington Rd between Olive Ave & Flagler Drive,
Baywinds, Ibis, Ironhorse
Okeechobee Blvd to 25th Street
Saratoga Lakes & PTE, The (3) Bears, Brittany, Spencer Lakes, Lakes of Laguna, Jonathan’s Cove
Southern Blvd to Arlington Rd – West of Olive Ave to I-95
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR AUTOMATED SERVICE
- One City issued can per household
- Additional cans may be requested and a monthly fee will be charged
- Any can provided by the City of WPB remains the property of the City and cannot be kept as a spare or taken by the homeowner if the house is sold.
- The collection container must be located at least FIVE feet away from mailboxes, trees, recycle bins, bulk items or any other structure.
- Placing recycle bins, bulk items, etc., on the opposite side of the driveway, is recommended.
- The lids of your containers cannot be tied on, and the bar of the can (not the handle) must be facing the street with the wheels facing the house.
- All waste must be in bags and fit inside of the container.
- No bags on top or alongside of cart.
- Waste cannot be placed in the cart in such a way as to prevent it from falling out when being tipped into the truck.
- If a vehicle is blocking the card, it cannot be serviced.