Effective Friday, June 5, 2020 the City of West Palm Beach will no longer be accepting applications for the COVID-19 Rental Eviction Prevention Program.
All eligible West Palm Beach residents are encouraged to apply for Palm Beach County’s CARES ACT- Coronavirus Relief Fund Rent and Utilities Assistance Program.
The City of West Palm Beach is working closely with Palm Beach County to process applications and determine eligibility under program.
Should you desire to apply for the program, please follow the instructions outlined as follows:
Step 1- Review
- Review program eligibility and frequently asked questions by visiting the following website:
Step 2- Register
- Register as a “new user” with the County’s Online System for Community Access Resources and Social Services (OSCARSS) by visiting the following website:
- OSCARSS “how-to” video tutorial is available by visiting the following website:
Step 3- Apply
- Applications are available online at http://www.pbcgov.org/OSCARSS and accessed through any internet connection.
- Assistance with applications is available by calling the Palm Beach County Community Services Department (561-355-4792).
- West Palm Beach residents ONLY may receive assistance with completing the application. To schedule an appointment, interested parties shall contact 561-822-1274 and leave a voicemail with their name and telephone number. All calls with be returned within 24 business hours.
The following information is provided for reference only:
The City of West Palm Beach Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) department works to connect West Palm Beach residents and businesses to housing, social, and economic opportunities.
Due to the hardships many are facing due to recent impacts of COVID-19, Mayor Keith A. James and the City’s HCD department have established the COVID-19 Rental Eviction Protection Program to be administered by the City’s HCD department.
The COVID-19 Rental Eviction Protection Program was created to assist eligible City of West Palm Beach households with temporary rental assistance to avoid displacement due to a loss of income as a direct result of COVID-19. The assistance is limited to a one-time payment equal to a maximum of 2 months’ rent. Applicants must be able to evidence loss of income due to COVID-19 and have no other available resources. They must not have utilized any other services for the timeframe of payment request.
For additional information, please visit the City's Housing and Community Development Department or call (561) 822-1250.