Dear resident or business owner:
While we continue to take precautions from COVID-19, we must also prepare for hurricane season. The Atlantic hurricane season runs June 1 – November 30th. Follow these links to learn how to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
- Know Your Risk: Find out how rain, wind, water could impact where you live.
- Know your Evacuation Zone: You may have to evacuate quickly due to a hurricane.
- Gather Supplies: Have enough food, water, and other supplies for every member of your family to last at least 72 hours. Consider what unique needs your family and pets might have. Have two cloth face coverings per family member and stock soap, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes.
- Make an Emergency Plan: Make sure everyone in your household knows and understands your hurricane plan. Discuss the latest CDC guidance on COVID-19 and how it may affect your hurricane planning. Complete a family communication plan.
- Stay Informed: Know where to go for trusted sources of information during a hurricane event. Visit this Website often for regular updates and sign up for eNotifications or the Insider Newsletter.
- Special Needs Shelters: You must register with Palm Beach County in advance. Please call (561) 712-6400 (TTY 561-712-6342).
For more information, please follow the appropriate links below. During a hurricane event, you may contact us on the Mayor’s Response Hotline at (561) 822-2222 (TTY 800-955-8771). For emergencies, please dial 9-1-1.
Yours in service,
Keith A. James, Mayor of West Palm Beach