While our building remains closed, we know that many of you who use our library services may have some questions. Below is a list of services still available to you:
Starting Monday, June 29. How you can pick up materials at the library:
- You will need your library card to place holds.
- You can place holds on materials directly through the library’s online catalog, call the library at (561) 868-7701, or email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Library staff will get materials ready and notify you via email or phone when ready.
- Once you receive a notification to pick up your items, you should call (561) 868-7744 to let the library know what day and time you plan to arrive for pickup. NOTE: Holds can be picked up only Monday - Friday from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Once parked and/or walking up to the library, you should call (561) 868-7744. When alerted, library staff will check out items and place them in a paper bag. NOTE: Patrons can park in the City Center Public Parking garage on the corner of Banyan Blvd. and Dixie Hwy. for 15 minutes without being charged an hourly fee.
- You must present a valid photo ID to staff via the library’s glass main doors. Library staff will then place your bag with checked out items on a table in the lobby area outside of the library’s main doors. NOTE: Patrons will not be entering library to obtain materials.
Those who don’t have a library card can apply for it online or call 561-868-7701. This card will provide immediate access to the library’s digital content for a year. Your new card will be mailed to you. Once the library is back open, use your card to check out books at the library!
Our Children and Teen librarians share some of their favorite free resources and websites.
Here's a small sample of what you can find - for complete list visit our dedicated web page for Resources for Children and Teens:
Speak with Career Coach, Kathy Shabotynskj to create or update your resume by phone or email. Get tips on interviewing, or your next career move. Basic computer skills and resume services are also available from our AmeriCorps member Bec Baron. Fill out our online form to get started.
Visit our Job Help & Resources page for more tips, tools and information.